Camp begins evening worship service on Saturday, June 9, 2018 and finishes after the morning worship service on Saturday, June 16, 2018.
The History of Gaskin Springs Holiness Camp
According to W. P. Ward's 1930 History of Coffee County, page 201,Gaskin Springs Camp Meeting was started around 1895, by founder, Joel Gaskin and sponsored by the First Methodist Church of Douglas, GA.
The presiding elder was in charge of the grounds and the selections of the Preachers.
Services were held at the following times: sunrise, 11:00 AM, 3:00 PM, and 8:00 PM.
From the files of the Douglas Enterprise, the meeting of 1914 was called, "one of the best of many years." Also, it is mentioned that, in the year of 1917, tents were pitched, in addition to the permanent cottages.
In 1946, Rev. M. J. Wood, of Ft. Valley, GA, held a revival meeting at Lone Hill Methodist Church, and later at the old camp property. This meeting inspired Rev. M. J. Wood to build a new tabernacle which was completed in 1950, with the help of E. A. Weathers, Lone Hill Methodist Church, and the people of Douglas.
To this date, Gaskin Springs continues to represent the doctrines and preaching as it did in years gone by.
The origional circular spring house is gone; however, the men of the First Methodist started a new one in 2004. The wooden, elevated walkway for the origional is gone, for the new entrance to the camp is from the opposite direction.
As the spring from heaven continues to to flow to the hearts of man, the spring continues to flow pure, clean water.